Dr. RAMYA SHANKAR
OBSTETRICIAN AND GYNAECOLOGIST
Dr. Ramya Shankar is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist practicing in Bengaluru. She has 22 years of experience in the field of medicine and 13 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
She also has a rich experience of working abroad in NHS ( National Health Services), United Kingdom.
* Management of high-risk pregnancies.
* Treating infertile couples
* Providing antenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care to women
* Providing contraceptive options.
* Treating adolescent girls with menstrual problems and hormonal imbalance like – Puberty Menorrhagia & PCOS.
* Treating gynecological issues like menstrual disorders, fibroids, adenomyosis, PID, adnexal/ovarian mass, uterine prolapse, etc
* Cancer screening of ovaries, uterus, and cervix
* MBBS – SSMC, Tumkur – 2001
* DGO – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore – 2009
* DNB – CSI Hospital, Bengaluru – 2012
* Infertility Fellowship ( IMA -AMS) at GarbhaGudi Institute of Reproductive Health & Research Centre-2021
*Trained in Fetal & Gynaec Ultrasound from Bangalore Fetal Medicine Centre.
* 2021 till date- Ovum Hospital for women & children as Senior Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
* 2019 till date – Kangaroo care women and children hospital – Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
* 2014 to 2020- St Mary’s Hospital, Malur – Senior Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
* 2012 to 2014 – MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital, Assistant Professor in OBG Department
* 2010 to 2012 – Church of South India Hospital, Bengaluru – Senior Resident (OBG- DNB)
*2007 to 2009 Junior resident and postgraduate in OBG, JJMMC, Davangere.
* 2004 to 2006 – Bassetlaw Hospital, Worksop, United Kingdom – Senior House Officer
Awards & Achievements
* She is the recipient of several awards like the Sita Bhateja award by the Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
* Best paper award at 8th National Conference of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group India (DIPSI) for her research works on diabetes in Pregnancy.
Research and Publications
* Anthropometric and Skin Fold Thickness Measurements of Newborns of Gestational Glucose Intolerant Mothers; Published in National journal – Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India
* A huge dermoid cyst with thrombocytosis and preoperative intraperitoneal rupture: An unusual presentation – Journal of scientific society
* Large Intestinal Obstruction during pregnancy is still alive as rare surgical emergency – International Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences
* Septate uterus with double cervix and vagina: Rethinking the development of Mullerian anomalies – European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
* Life member of BSOG – (Bangalore Society Of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
* Life member of IMA (Indian Medical Association)
* Life member of AGOI ( The Association of Gynecologic Oncologist of India)
Awareness programs and camps
– She is passionate about creating health care awareness among women and teenagers and has conducted several camps and health awareness programs on prevention and early detection of cancer cervix, PCOS, nutrition in adolescents and pregnant women, menstrual hygiene, and menstrual problems in women.
– She is recently working on a project called DHEERA – educating and creating awareness among adolescent girls on ‘Violence Against Women’ in association with FOGSI.
She believes in giving compassionate and comprehensive health care for all her patients.